Friday 14 August 2015

Festival Survival Guide

So our Reading Festival tickets arrived today (woop!) so this has inspired me to share with you lovely lot my ultimate festival survival guide.

Ticket

Now this may seem obvious to you all, but last year my lovely friend Meghan decided to travel with us all the way from Kent to Reading and left her festival ticket at home, doh! Luckily for her, her mum is a hero and drove all the way to Reading to deliver her ticket back to Meghan's loving arms. However, you may not be so lucky so remember your ticket!

Tent

Again, a pretty obvious one, you ideally need somewhere to rest your weary head after a hard day's partying and obviously to store your stuff and most importantly booze in.

Camping Bag

Pretty much just to put all of your festival essentials from this guide into and then break your back attempting to carry it.

Money

There are ATM machines on site at most festivals but there are usually monstrous queues and a hefty charge to withdraw your cash. Festivals can be pricy at the best of times so it's usually better to take cash so you can budget more effectively but take a card in case of emergency.

Battery pack

Last year I decided rather than take a crap phone I would just take my iPhone and save on having to lug a camera around, due to the success of this idea last year I am doing the same this year and taking my trusty phone charger battery pack. I purchased the nifty device on Amazon, it has 4 usb ports and can charge your phone up to six times over, definitely a festival hero.

Camping chair

To each their own with this one, some people may prefer not having to lug around an extra item. But for me, the amount of people that wee and vomit on the floor I would much rather not be sitting in it, plus you avoid chronic grass rash.

Sleeping Bag, Pillow and Air Bed

Now with this one, the only main essential item is the sleeping bag, but after my experience at V Festival of sleeping on rocks, I would rather have the luxury of an air bed and a pillow.

Trolley

Again, a bit of a luxury, but my god does it make your life easier, obviously find a decent one first (last year the wheels fell off of ours) and get some cling film and shrink wrap all of your stuff to the trolley that way you don't have to worry about anything falling off.

Wellies or Boots

Now it's not mandatory to take wellies but if you're not feeling it, why not take some decent boots like Doc Marten's with you. I took my Serena Doc Marten's last year, it of course helped that they are super comfy but they really saved the day during the heavy down pour.

Clothes

Again, really obvious, I won't go massively into this one because it's pretty self explanatory. If you fancy being adventurous then check out some festival themed look books to get some inspiration. When it comes to what to take make sure you take a rain proof jacket (you never know), some thick clothes (for the cold British evenings), plenty of socks and underwear (you never know if you may get soaked through or have some other type of incident). I would say jeans and leggings are a pretty safe bet with some cute tops and dresses, but as I said check out some look books for more inspo.

Toiletries

Also won't bore you by going to much into this one, what I will say is baby wipes and dry shampoo will be your best friends at any festival, also remember to take things you may forget like a toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant and maybe even a mini bottle of mouth wash (feels amazing after a heavy night).

Food and Drink

This is also a bit of a personal preference, I prefer not to take a stove because to me it seems like a lot of fannying around but is definitely more of a money savvy way to eat. I usually just take snack type food, an empty water bottle and lots and lots of alcohol..

Festival Extras

Extra festival things you may take are things such as your I.D. (if you plan on drinking), pain killers for those beautiful hang overs, spare tent pegs (those swines bend like crazy), a small bag to carry essentials with you, a pump, bin bags, toilet roll, a bucket (trust me) and plastic cups.

I hope this has been informative to anyone who is heading to any festivals this year, most importantly, stay safe and have fun!

All my love,

Bex






No comments:

Post a Comment