Wednesday 4 November 2015

I'm feeling 24

Good Morning on this dreary Wednesday,

Much to my dismay it's my birthday, I am usually a big fan of festivity whether it is birthday's or christmas, but yesterday as I made my way home from seeing Elf The Musical (I'll talk about that in a sec), I watched the remaining minutes of being 23 tick by and realised I actually am becoming an adult. That realisation when you are an adult baby who had spent the previous day at Shrek's Adventure tour (again will cover it in a sec), it's pretty tough to come to terms with the fact you are a bonafide adult now. The other day two people at work were trying to guess my age (and I put this down to the fact I must look terrible for my age) but they placed me at late twenties to early thirties, quick to justify themselves they said, they would only place me at that age due to the fact at the tender age of 23, I've experienced so many things. To which this got me thinking, I seem to have packed quite a lot in the last few years and I'm not about to slow down yet.

As you may have read in my previous post, Dan and I have applied for a mortgage and we're now just waiting for the house to become available (mega adult step). But we also made a pact that although we are making such a huge commitment, we promise not to stop living our lives to the max, obviously bills take priority, but we both said we want to see more of the world. So we plan to make a bucket list of places we wish to visit so we can tick them off as we go along.

Anyway enough of this jibber jabber about being old and decrepit, yesterday Dan and myself were trying to figure out what to do with our day off, we have most of the week off together so we wanted to do something memorable. We were planning on going to Brighton Aquarium today but due to the weather looking pretty naff, we've decided to give it a miss. Anyway so we was going to do London Aquarium instead yesterday but wanted to do something in the evening, Dan was looking on a theatre show website to see what different shows are available to buy tickets to. Baring in mind Dan is not particularly a fan of theatre and has ventured as far as The Lion King and Joseph and His Technicolour   Dream Coat, he suggested seeing Elf The Musical. I have wanted to see Elf The Musical ever since it was first announced for release but due to it's limited run of shows (October to January) the tickets are quite pricey, but being my birthday and being so spoilt Dan decided to buy us tickets anyway at £95 a ticket.



In the mean time we got to London Aquarium yesterday and just as we was approaching the building next door he spotted a sign that said "Shrek's Adventure", Dan being Dan was adamant he wanted to do this adventure tour rather than the London Aquarium which we had been to only the year previous. I have to admit, it is well worth the money, it is very much a child orientated tour but if you're an adult baby like Dan and Myself, you'll have a blast. The premise of the tour is you enter the building, get a few photos done before hand and then find yourself in front of Princess Fiona in her non Ogre form. Princess Fiona tells you about how you will go on a magical bus tour to visit Far, Far Away but Donkey then announces unfortunately the tour bus (which runs on magic) has run out and Princess Fiona asks the group to sing along to the 'Shrekcellent' hit "I'm a Believer". It's all pretty cringe worthy, but if you're up for a laugh and a memorable day out where you are required to join in then this is the ticket for you.


After the Shrek's Adventure Tour we headed on to one of our favourite hang out spots in Convent Garden - Big Easy. Big Easy is a Texan style shrimp and bbq restaurant that has just a really cool and relaxed vibe, plus their slushie cocktails are to die for. They also offer a theatre show menu where you can get a starter, a main and a free slushy cocktail for just £10, bloody bargain!




Now back to the main story of this blog post 'Elf The Musical', where to begin it was just incredible, if you're a fan of Elf - The christmas film, don't get your knickers in a twist, being a stage adaption, it's not exact scene by scene, a few things are different but it definitely does not deduct from the overall impact of the show. Ben Forster plays Buddy The Elf, Ben originally shot to fame after winning the 'Superstar' talent search to find 'Jesus' for the Jesus Christ Superstar Musical. His voice is just absolutely phenomenal and his portrayal of Buddy The Elf was just inspiring, I could not fault it. Kimberley Walsh was also a good addition to the cast and did Zooey Deschanel a justice for her portrayal of Jovie. Overall the soundtrack was awe inspiring, the set was stunning and the dancing was mesmerising. I can feel a christmas tradition coming on to see Elf The Musical every year as it immerses you in true christmas spirit.


All my love,

Bex



No comments:

Post a Comment