Wednesday 9 September 2015

St Tropez In Shower Gradual Tan Lotion Review

Evening all,

So a little while ago I was sent a bottle of the new St Tropez - In shower gradual tan lotion, and being a faired skin princess I was in two minds. A) anxious to try it in case I turned into the female equivalent of David Dickinson and b) wanting to be a glowing goddess so everyone can ogle at my beautiful tan. Whether this gradual tan lotion would deliver either of a or b's effects is a different kettle of fish. The main thing that instantaneously put me off of trying the gradual tan lotion is because there isn't a fair/medium/dark option, it's a once size fits all kind of thing. But I thought I would go in for the kill regardless (I was only brave enough to use it on my legs for the first time), but let me fill you in with what my thoughts were on St Tropez's latest product.



So before hand I had one of my typical Lush bath's and used an exfoliating brush to scrub the hell out of my skin and shaved as normal to get a nice even base and get rid of any lumps or bumps. One of the main dreaded things of tanning lotion is a) having to let the tan develop overnight and b) the dreaded tanning lotion stench. I'm pleased to report that the In shower gradual tanning lotion has neither of these problems, you do have to let the tan develop for three minutes while standing out of the bath/shower which is a bit of an inconvenience but it beats staining all of your clothes and bed sheets. The smell to the lotion is lovely as well, one of the most prominent ingredients is the almond oil which gives the lotion a beautifully sweet smell and is really hydrating for your skin.


When applying the lotion, less is definitely more as it gets quite thick pretty quickly so you're better off putting a bit on at a time then gradually adding more. Instantaneously I could feel the lotion becoming really nourishing and hydrating for my skin and could see the colour developing quite quickly.

After the three minutes of development time have passed you then need to get back into the bath/shower and rinse the residue off of your skin, make sure you're thorough and there isn't any left on your skin.


As you can see the tan itself is very subtle but a nice sun kissed glow rather than a "you've been tangoed" appearance. The lotion can be used over a period of days if you would like a darker colour which can gradually be built up. I only used the lotion once and was quite happy with the colour. It's been a week since the lotion application and the colour has only just started to fade. What I would like to really emphasise is to make sure you thoroughly rinse off any remaining residue. As I then went to sleep after the gradual tanning process and woke up with a tan patch on my stomach, elbow and arm (obviously where I rubbed my legs in my sleep). So that's the only real flaw with this product, apart from that I really would say I'm quite impressed with St Tropez's latest addition and would thoroughly recommend it.

All my love,

Bex








No comments:

Post a Comment