Sunday 10 January 2016

Lush Skin Care Routine

Evening all,

As it's Sunday evening and we're all having to get ready for the working week ahead of us, I've decided to treat myself to a bit of a pamper evening, which in turn inspired me to share my skin care routine with all of you. Now it will more than likely not come as a shock, but my entire skin care routine is made purely out of Lush skin care items, I will list the items I use, why I use them and whether I would recommend them, so brace yourself! (Disclaimer: I also appreciate everyone's skin type is different and what works for me, may not necessarily work for you, but may definitely be worth looking into).

Ultrabland Facial Cleanser



Let's start at the very beginning, I have previously done a review of Ultrabland and it is still one of my most used beauty items, made with bees wax and honey, apply Ultrabland over your full face of make up and gently rub until your make up starts to melt away, then wash away with either a warm face cloth or cotton pads. I find Ultrabland is quite a heavy duty cleanser but can sometimes leave a bit of a residue which is where my second skin care item comes into play.

Eau De Roma Water Toner Spray



This toner water is made with rose water and lavender to soothe irritated or blotchy skin (I suffer with rosatia), helps freshen your skin and can be used with a cotton pad spritzed over your skin to remove any cleanser residue. 

Gorgeous Facial Moisturiser


This one is a bit more of an expensive item at £42.50 per pot, you would expect this item to be amazing and I have to admit it really has made a difference to my skin. I have combination skin with an oily t - zone, rosatia on my cheeks and a tendency to get stress related acne on my chin. This moisturiser has helped balance out my combination skin, soothe the rosatia on my cheeks and help treat and heal any acne I have had. I would definitely say it's worth the price tag and as Lush state on their website, it's only the best ingredients they use.

Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub

Ugh, this product is just beautiful, it's made from sea salt, lime and grapefruit, it just smells absolutely incredible, good enough to eat. Ocean Salt is a very abrasive facial scrub so only a small quantity is needed but it really does feel like you have brand new skin and it gives you such a radiant glow.

Mask of Magnaminty Facial Mask



Now I have experienced mixed reviews about Mask of Magnaminty, I have tried quite a few Lush face masks and I always return to Mask of Magnaminty. There have been a few complaints Mask of Magnaminty has caused break outs, but it is a very potent product that really does cleanse your pores so they are full exposed so if it's not used properly and your pores aren't cleansed and sealed it can cause breakouts. The main ingredient in this product is peppermint oil and it also has evening primrose seeds and aduki beans as an exfoliant. So as I said this is a heavy duty product that will clear any crap from your pores but can leave you feeling exposed.

Ultrabalm All Purpose Balm


This stuff really is amazing, it made from only three ingredients - organic jojoba oil, candlelilla wax and rose wax, it's completely natural and a handbag staple during the harsh winter months of cracked skin, but as it's a multi purpose balm it can be used for nearly anything. Some of the examples of it's use are things like chapped skin, hard skin, protect your skin, tame lashes or eyebrows or brighten tattoos it really is incredible.

Sympathy For The Skin Hand and Body Lotion



Again, during the winter months, I really suffer with dry skin and find it difficult to get a decent body lotion that really soaks into my skin and stops any dryness. Enter Sympathy for the Skin body lotion, made from vanilla, cocoa butter, almond oil and bananas, this lotion is full of moisture and nourishment that revives and brightens your skin.

I hope this post has given you some skin care inspiration, let me know how you get on with it.

All my love,

Bex



No comments:

Post a Comment