Sunday 6 September 2015

Lush Bath Bomb Review - Skydancer - Far From The Madding Guns

Hey Guys,

So I've decided to do a review on another one of the latest Lush bath bomb additions. I wanted to specifically check out Sky Dancer as it's a charity bath bomb where the proceeds of each bath bomb sale goes towards helping fund equipment to satellite tag any future endangered Hen Harrier chicks and help protect them.

Now unfortunately Skydancer has had a vast mixed review from the Lush community, I am also one of those people who have mixed feelings about it, let me explain.


The Skydancer bath bomb itself is visually quiet interesting when you first see it, as you can see in comparison to my hand, the bomb is really large which is beneficial as it is a long lasting fizzer so you get a lot of bang for your buck.

When the bath bomb is first put in the water, the contrast between the yellow and blue is really lovely and the blue bird silhouette lasts for quite some time.



However, if I really am going to be honest, for me this is probably the worst of the latest Lush bath bombs I've used as of yet. The scent it produces is really quite overwhelming, it's allegedly a mix of soft floral notes with over tones of liquorice. But the liquorice is such a powerful musky smell it just completely over powers any other fragrance, I also didn't enjoy the fact the yellow in the bomb is so potent it stained my bath and took ages to get the yellow stains off. I was just sat in the bath looking like I'd had an accident as the bath water was luminous yellow with no real appeal.

All in all, much to my dismay I really would describe Skydancer as a "nothing" bath bomb, except for the fact the proceeds from the bomb goes to a really good cause.  Skydancer was poorly executed, there was no real charming visual display like previously reviewed products, the scent was overwhelming to the point you couldn't enjoy your bath and was a complete nightmare to clean up afterwards. 

Unfortunately this was a huge disappointment, but as I said previously, the proceeds still go towards a really good cause. It may of just been I had a bad experience with it, but regardless check it out for the sake of the Harrier Hen chicks.

All my love,

Bex






No comments:

Post a Comment