Friday 10 July 2015

M.A.C Haul


M.A.C Haul





Evening all,

So I decided after doing a significant haul of M.A.C cosmetic goodies I would do a bit of a haul review.



M.A.C Studio Fix Powder

Ladies and Gentleman, the holy grail of powder foundation, I already use the studio fix powder and this will be my third powder, it really has fantastic coverage, to the point where it can be used just alone or with concealer if your skin is being particularly troublesome.

MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter in Light Boost

Now don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad product, but in regards to a highlighter, this wouldn't be my holy grail of highlighters, although it definitely lightens up the key areas such as your brow bone and cheek bone, there is no shimmer like what you would get with some other highlighters. I am still regularly using the product along with the benefit Hoola contour powder, but if I was to recommend a highlighter for its shimmer it would definitely be, without a doubt, Benefit's Watt's Up Highlighter.

MAC Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage

I don't think I could big up this primer anymore if I tried, it is absolutely amazing, I've had it before, but then I thought I would try the MAC Prep and Prime moisture infusion and although it's really good, nothing compares to the Skin Base Visage. It's a silky texture formula with a slight shimmer to give your skin a natural glow, it helps even out your skin tone, pores and when applying foundation it helps give the likes of Estee Lauder's Double Wear some moving power to apply evenly but has a lasting finish. I've tried multiple different primers including the highly lusted Benefit Porefessional, which I didn't really rate as it made my skin chalky and made my make up flake off, the prep and prime skin base visage is in a league of it's own.


MAC False Lashes in Extreme Black


I really wanted to like this, I got a free sample with my MAC order and I don't know if it was a dodgy sample or what it was, but me and this mascara did not get along. I usually use the holy grail mascara which is the Benefit Roller Lash and as the mascara was a free sample I thought I'd give it a bash. Now, the positives, it made my lashes look really dark and it gave a really good coverage. For the negatives.. Unfortunately I am a chronic hay fever sufferer so more often than not, I get watery eyes, this mascara ran like a water fall, if I rubbed my eyes it smeared everywhere, it didn't separate my lashes very well and generally the staying power was absolutely rubbish.


MAC Lipstick Sin Matte

Uuuuugh, is all I can say really, such a dreamy lipstick, the perfect dark red, pretty similar to Dark Side which is a satin finish, but I personally prefer a matte finish as it seems to have more staying power. My ONLY criticism, which applies to most matte lipsticks is it can be very drying on your lips. So you really need exfoliate and moisturise those bad boys, because once you've applied that lipstick and you have dead skin all over your lips, it's going to show up like a landing beacon and no one likes flakey, clumpy lips, mmmm.


I hope this haul review has helped you make any decisions towards any future MAC purchases.

All my love,

Bex









No comments:

Post a Comment